The Complete Guide to Food Photography Book
"The must-have guidebook for creating great food photographs!"
The Complete Guide to Food Photography is a visually stunning, eminently useful, and comprehensive resource for creating fantastic food photographs. In this food photography book, professional food photographer Lauren Short teaches you her entire image-making process, as she covers lighting, composition, styling, storytelling, editing, and processing great food photographs.
Order the book now - Available Worldwide!
In the first part of the book, Lauren covers the core concepts, where you’ll learn:
- How to work with both natural and artificial light (as well as modifiers)
- The tools, guides, and rules of composition for food photography
- Techniques, tips, and tricks for styling your food so it looks its best
- How to build a story with the use of backgrounds, props, and other supporting elements
- Processing, retouching, and compositing techniques to finish your image
Additionally, Lauren explains the why behind her creative decisions. By understanding her decision-making process and walking through her problem-solving techniques, you’ll become better equipped to make informed creative decisions so you can excel at food photography, no matter what scenarios you encounter.
In the second part of the book, Lauren walks you through multiple case studies of complete, start-to-finish shoots so that you can see every aspect of her image-making process and understand how it all comes together. Each case study also includes a link to a full video for each shoot so that you can easily follow along.
Filled with beautiful imagery as well as behind-the-scenes photos and helpful diagrams, The Complete Guide to Food Photography is the must-have food photography book for any food photographer looking to create images that stand out from the crowd.